Friday, December 03, 2004

(*) Simple flying thing

It's late, I'm tired, and I'm just posting a short entry tonight. They're just little blithe comments today, not art, unlike the most amazing writing of Zinnia. Life's like that...

Ix celebrated his 6th birthday this week. He's sooo grown up! Here's a photo I took of him on the day - he loved that simple flying thing! He's great - I love my three boys so much.

I'll welcome my goldfishie Thoon's 1st birthday on Saturday - "The day the fish came to stay..." Before last year I'd never had a pet of my own before - not since we had two cats as a kid at home. Thoon is a great companion - you get so attached to the little buggers, don't you? He's not much of a conversationalist tho, but he makes up for it in the dancing department... you should see him in his little white disco suit and hat and cane... hmmm...

I was lucky enough to be able to chat with an old online friend, Krinus in Stockholm, Sweden on Thursday night using IM. She's an older teenager nowadays, but we first met in a chatroom about three years ago, talking about - you guessed it - The Beatles! We call each other 'bro' and 'sis', and it's been great to watch her grow up over these past 3 years. She's got a boyfriend who lives in Germany, and she still occasionally asks me some 'brotherly advice' from time to time! She's a sweetie!

Here's some recent pictures:
- Seb on Ix's 6th birthday.
- Ix's 'Pinart' prezzie, which he and Seb loved.
- a handmade 'postcard' of my town.
If you'd like to see some more recent pics, ask me for the link to my main photos page. (Check out some of my other pics at the link on the right too, if you'd like...)

I dropped an egg the other morning... D'oh! It rolled right off the kitchen bench and splattered onto one of the carpet mats on the kitchen floor. I managed to hose the mat off outside, but that smell is still there in the mat... I've gotta try some serious scrubbing, I think,... sheesh! Stoopid eggs! hahahaa.

More crazy Spring/Summer weather... 2 stinking hot days of 36c/37c (97-98f) - then the very next day it was only 24c - go figure! The heat out here is quite bearable - it's a 'dry' heat without the humidity the poor buggers living on the coast suffer through.

Joseph Conrad's (1857-1924) awesome short novel, "Heart of Darkness" (1902), which explores the blacker working aspects of our human consciousness, was the inspiration behind the film "Apocalypse Now". I love this book. George Johnston used similar themes and concepts when he approached his 1959 novel, "The Darkness Outside".

You know, I'm so used to having some sort of noise or music on in the background when I'm at home alone during the day (when I am at home, that is). You know, wake up, stretch, turn the radio on... that kinda thing. It's surely just out of habit. Lately I've had to kinda force myself to not turn the radio or music on automatically. Silence. It's seems unusual at first... it just doesn't feel exactly right at first to me. But them - it makes such a cool change to have silence rather than a CD or the radio burbling softly in the background all the time. I guess it's just one of those subconscious habit I've had forever, and hadn't ever thought about it before. Silence Vs background fill... hmmm...

The Hitch Hiker
by Ariel Moon Shine

I know it's not wise to pick up hitch hikers. I've heard the horror stories. But as I watched him there, in the rain, ... there was something about him. Something that made me want to get closer to him. Made me want to warm him. He looked up suddenly as if feeling my stare... I flushed and looked down, pretending to be searching for something in my pocket. Slowly I lifted my eyes, but he was gone. A slight charge of electricity quickly ran through my body, exciting my nerves, my limbs, and finally coming to rest, meeting that tender ache that had begun to overtake me. My head spun. Tragic! Where could he have gone?...

smiley Read the full short story here.


Cyalayta
Mal (ie. Mallard d'Quackers) :o)
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net

"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, it's the light of the oncoming train." (Robert Lowell)
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)
"The Lord survives the rainbow of His will." (Robert Lowell)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Yvonne! Man! I was not expecting to see my little hitch hiker post on your blog! But that is cool of you to post it. Maybe one of these days I'll write another chapter.

I used to have a couple of goldfish too by the way. They outgrew the tank and I had to return them to the pet store. I didn't have any more room on my kitchen counter! They were cool... they knew when it was feeding time, too, just like Thoon. Had to change a lot of filters though. They poop a lot!

cheers!

December 03, 2004 3:48 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Awwwwwwwww, Mal - I'm blushing!!!

December 03, 2004 10:28 pm  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

are you going to post a pic of the fishy in his disco suit? :)

December 04, 2004 12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home