Tuesday, November 23, 2004

(*) Monday Madness & Unconscious Mutterings

I wanna try something I saw on someone else's blog... well, a version of that... This is a sound file of me saying hello (if it works, that is!) It's a 6 second 55kb wave file (of really poor quality - it's only a first attempt!)
Hi Mal - wave file
"Hi, this Mal - just saying 'G'day!' It's good to see you here at my blog - thanks for coming, and I'll see you again soon. Byeee!"

I suddenly realised this evening (a light appeared in the blackness and... no no, that's not it...) - all of the people I seem to communicate with thru this blog - are female! It's not that I'm flirting or anything - you can ask anyone!!! Is it a case that women are more comfortable sharing their feelings and their days thru the anymonity (sp?) of a blog - than a bloke? Or is it just a case that I enjoy talking about what's been going on in my brain a few times a week thru this here blog? It may remain one of the great mysteries of the universe...! Whatever - it's good to be getting to know you all this way. Thank you for the privilidge.
I got off my lazy buttocks and went for a short jog this arvo - the first time for 'quite a while', shall we say... I've been doing lots of walking, but I felt like getting a jog into or out-of my system. In the long run, I only managed one lap of the nearby school oval before I had to pull up! Now - THAT'S embarrasing! So, I walked very briskly the rest of the way, including to the top of the nearby steep hill, then staggered back home. Actually, I feel a whole lot better for it... now, if only my calves would stop whinging about it!

I see wee Blogger is playing silly buggers still when people try to post a comment. I have NO idea why it's doing it! It's doing silly, norty things with me tonite too! Argh! I'll drop a line to Blogger and ask them. PS. If you ever see a gif image (like the dancing penguins, for example) that'd you'd like to borrow - go for it! I get half of my images from other blogs, so you might as well use the ones I've found too.

I can't believe I sat up in the middle of the night trying to work out the price of petrol around the world, can you? My maths was obviously totally wrong! D'OH! Anyway, it showed me the huge differences there are - and as caroline noted, even huge differences in different parts of the States! Sheesh! I know the price is about 10c/litre less in QLD than it is here in NSW - something to do with different states' taxes or something... typical...


Week 94
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Reconnect:: the past becomes the present
  2. Gearshiift:: 5-speed Holden Monaro
  3. Mania:: Beatle
  4. Manhattan:: Bart mixing coctails for Fat Tony
  5. First date:: a kiss at a playground fort across the road from my house!
  6. District:: region of Central Tablelands
  7. Yearbook:: 1982 - a loooooong time ago...
  8. Breakup:: never painless
  9. Episode:: depression
  10. Costume:: Neil from the Young Ones


Sunday, November 21, 2004

1. What is your favorite sport? Sailing. I used to sail 16' Skiffs on Sydney Harbour as a teenager, with my dad - I loved it!
2. Do you watch sports on television? I love watching cricket on TV. It's the whole competativeness of the game.
3. In high school, did you (or do you) play any sports? I used to row bow in the school eight. hey - we were Public schoolboys, not 'Private' school! We used a borrowed boat - and whipped the arses of the GPS schools' boats! Whoo hoo!
4. Any favorite teams? I grew-up within a bulls roar of Brookvale Oval in Sydney, so I naturally still follow (albeit from a distance) the comings and goings of Manly Warringah in the NRL.
5. If applicable, did you (or do you) attend your child's games? I do, I do - whenever I'm told they are on, that is!
6. Do you think professional athletes make too much money?
Absolutely! I mean, $20 million for just kicking a football about? Come ON!!!
Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, Mal, it's Yvonne. It's nice to hear your voice. the recording came over on my Windows Media Player. Now we have a voice to go with the face in the photo. :) hope you are having a good day!

November 23, 2004 8:40 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

It was great to hear your voice and that accent! I think that the reason so many women read your blog is because you keep it interesting, there is literaly so much to read and see on your blog, its amazing! great job and thanks for all your comments on mine. I'm not that good on a computer so i don't know how to do all the extras yet. Take care

November 23, 2004 1:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's Yvonne again! still anonymous. could you tell me how you loaded your wave file onto your blog? i can't figure it out. i got so far as being able to record one on my computer but i can't get it into a post.

November 23, 2004 3:54 pm  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Wow, technology's amazing! Great to hear your voice - sorry I won't be reciprocating on my blog!!!

November 23, 2004 7:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mal it is Ruby
Great voice by the way. Even tho we are from the same country you can tell we are from different states..lol I am with Yvonne, please do tell how you got the wave file on your blog.
Keep smiling

November 23, 2004 7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home