Wednesday, November 24, 2004

(*) Some of your questions answered

Caroline asked (at some ridiculous time of night - go to bed! lol):
1. What do you like to do for fun? Hang out with friends, play music - as in jam with other musos, boogie boarding (a bit hard living 200km from the sea...!), kite flying!
2. Do you have a favourite animal? Maybe the Blue Whale... how can something so huge be so gentle and eat only plankton?!? A close second would have to be the dolphin - joyously free.
3. What's your favourite food? Hmmm... tacos... well, anything that's a nice home-cooked meal. I enjoy my food, but I'm not a connoisseur.

Ruby asked:
1. If you could save just one Cd from your collection what would it be? "A Hard Days' Night" by The Beatles - I was listening to this at age one, and probably will be for the rest of my days! lol
2. If money was no object, what would you do or where would you live? So long as I could have my sons with me, I'd live on the Greek island of Hydra. No contest!
3. If you were made to live as a woman for 24 hours, what would you do with it? Oh wow - that's something I've never been asked before! It may sound funny - but go thru 24-hours of labour and childbirth, or PMS... us stoopid males know what it must feel like, but we just don't really know and so don't truly fully sympathise in many ways...

The Third Daughter asked:
q1. can you describe your perfect job? Teaching and training adults in their workplace, meeting them where they are and helping them do what they love to do - more effectively! It's the one-to-one face-to-face getting alongside people aspect of training that I like - although I find it very emotionally draining.
q2. why did you move from the northern beaches to bathurst and did you live anywhere else in between? I grew-up in the Manly area. My wife was originally from Bathurst, but we spent the first three years of our marriage living in the Manly area happily enough. We'd always thought we'd end up in Bathurst, but years and years later - maybe to retire! I finished 2 years' of Bible College, and literally in a period of two weeks we'd moved to Bathurst after i) a job became available ii) a place to live became available iii) a social network we'd already slightly developed already existed in Bathurst. So - we moved! We'd lived in Bathurst for 7 years when we moved to Ilford (half-way-between Lithgow and Mudgee NSW) on a camp/Conference Centre - in the middle of nowhere! Beautiful! Then we moved back to Bathurst. After we seperated, I spent 3 months living with friends in Tweed Heads, then a year back in Bathurst, then a year on the Central Coast, and I've been living happily back in Bathurst for about 18 months now. And yes - I HATE moving!
q3. what is on the 2nd shelf of your fridge right now? That's my housemate's shelf! It's got a few beers, some cheese, youghurt, a bit of salad stuff... not a whole lot else! My shelf's the bottom of the three - and that's usually overflowing!

Cyalayta
Mal (ie. Mallard d'Quackers) :o)
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net

"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, it's the light of the oncoming train." (Robert Lowell)
"Nuts" (US General, Battle of the Bulge 1944, in reply to German surrender demand)
"The Lord survives the rainbow of His will." (Robert Lowell)

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I work nights from 5p.m. till at least 1 in the morning. So i hop on here to relax and get ready for bed :) i go to bed around 2:30 and get up at 7 a.m. for kids school..then spend my day with my mother. Ain't my life grand :)..lol! All the while taking care of my home and kids etc. etc. etc. Take care!

November 25, 2004 6:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great answers Mal. You are a brave man offering to go through labour and childbirth for a day. If you ever get the chance of this happening, lets hope it it s quick birth and labour for you so you can at least get to enjoy all the other benefits of being a woman ;P
Keep smiling

November 25, 2004 7:56 am  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

thanks mal! trust me to pick the wrong shelf!

November 25, 2004 7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home