Wednesday, November 24, 2004

(*) Putting your voice on your blog


I'm &%$#@! because I just spent about 15 minutes writing this post out - then lost it! Argh! However, let me outline it again, for those of you vaguely interested!

I saw this thing on someone elses' site - forgive me, but I just can't remember who's it was on! D'oh! Mine was just a trial-and-error thing that worked!

If you live in the USA, you can post audio to your blog from any phone. Just dial a number and speak. The audio will automatically be posted! It's here at Audioblogger.

Because I don't live in the USA, that thing won't work for me here in sunny Australia. Instead, I recorded a 'crappy' voice recording, uploaded it onto my free Geocities website, and linked to it from my blog.
  • Record voice using Windows Sound Recorder (or whatever your machine uses)
  • Upload file to remote internet host (I put mine on my Homepage that I've had for a few years' now.)
  • Link to WAV file thru your blog.
  • Thus: Hi Mal - wave file
If you don't have an external webhosting service (you should have one with your ISP account that came with your email service, with the people who provide your internet service), then I don't know how to put a sound file onto your blog! I've spent a few years stuffing-up webpages thru a process of pure trial-and-error learning - and I'm still in the dark as to how the whole HTML-thing really works!

I hate trying to be the whole computer geek guy - it's really not me! Argh! lol If none of this makes sense - fair enough! Tis a mystery to me, the whole finer points of website coding...

Maybe I should become a member of the "Dull Men's Club"? What do you think...?
(Thanx to Third Daughter for the link).
Have a laugh at what Uncle Bob gets upto this week! He's the clown/DJ?!?

Here's a challenge for today:

(A) First, recommend to me:
1. a movie
2. a book
3. a musical artist, song, or album

(B) I want everyone who reads this to ask me three questions, no more, no less. Ask me anything you want.

(C) Then I want you to go to your blog/journal, copy and paste this allowing your friends to ask you anything & say that you stole it from me.
(Thanx again Third Daughter! hahahaa!)
Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers, his granite banjo, and his orchestra...
Email:
mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mal... it's Yvonne. thanks for the info on the WAV file. i recorded a silly thing to try it out. will try to post it to my MSN page and see what happens. :)

November 24, 2004 7:16 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

movie-Secondhand Lions, i love it because its got drama, comedy and action.
book-I'm really not a book worm...but i read Sylvia Browne books because i am into psychics and paranormal.
Song-I Swear, by John Michael Mongomery or Swear it all over again by Westlife...my 2 favorite songs in the world.

1. What do you like to do for fun?
2. Do you have a favorite animal?
3. What's your favorite food?

sorry about the questions but it is 2 in the morning..lol
and i am tired...take care mal!

November 24, 2004 6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mal it is Ruby
Still no luck with the blogger sign in here. Bugger it.
Thanks for the info on the wav file thing, I think I have gotten the idea!! :)

3 Questions hey, ok here goes

1. If you could save just one Cd from your collection what would it be.?
2. If money was no object, what would you do or where would you live.?
3. If you were made to live as a woman for 24 hours, what would you do with it?
Hugs Mate and have fun.
Keep smiling

November 24, 2004 8:41 pm  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

thanks for your questions mal. i've posted the answers.

movie: crackerjack - a fine aussie film that cracks me up everytime i watch it.
book: anything by bill bryson - he cracks me up too.
cd: diamond mine - richard clapton

q1. can you describe your perfect job?
q2. why did you move from the northern beaches to bathurst and did you live anywhere else in between?
q3. what is on the 2nd shelf of your fridge right now?

November 24, 2004 11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home