Monday, November 22, 2004

(*) What happened to the Kiwi's???


I went to turn on the 4th days' play of the first cricket test between the Aussies and New Zealand this arvo - and it was all over! Argh! NZ were all out for 76! Australia won by an innings and 156 runs! OMG! Even McGrath and Dizzy got half-tons! It was looking like a good game a day ago too! Oh well...

You know it's late when... you work out the conversion price of petrol from Australian dollars into US dollars - litres into gallons! The price of fuel here at the moment is $1.089/litre, which is (ruffly) $3.825 US per gallon. What IS the price of fuel in the US or UK, my overseas bloggers? Just for fun sakes? (Fun??? lol)

I found a conversion chart that tells me to convert gallons into litres you multiply by 9 then divide by 2 (reverse for litres into gallons). That makes one gallon = 4.5 litres (that's what my calculator says, anyway... maths is not one of my strengths!) 1 litre is $1.089 AU = $0.85US. Therefore, $0.85 x 4.5 = $3.825 per gallon US. (Oh come on Mal, it's late - it's like 2.30 in the bloody morning! pmsl!) Does my maths stand up? What is the price of fuel in the US, anyway? Is ours better, worse or the same? I really have no idea!

STOP PRESS! Rather than my bodgy maths making a huge mistake (by the looks of it!), I used the Net! By comparison (using Aussie dollars), 1 litre of petrol costs:
  • Australia: $1.089
  • USA: $0.815 (average)
  • UK: $1.86 - $1.94!!!
That's really amazing!!!

Born: Terry Gilliam (Monty Python, 1940); Jamie Lee Curtis (actor, 1958).
Died: US President JF Kennedy, 1963; Jack London (writer, 1916).
Events: "With the Beatles" (2nd LP) released 1963; "The Beatles" (White Album LP) released 1968.
Soundtrack: "Past Masters Vol.1" The Beatles (groan! lol)
Weather: I've absolutely no idea! It's pitch black outside!
Useless Trivial Info: The world's strongest beer is 16.9% alcohol by volume. (Hic - stagger - fall over...)

Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers

5 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Here in Michigan it's about $1.82 a gallon, would not even begin to phantom how to convert gallons into liters and such...Math is really not my strong suit at all! you go by kilograms and milimeters and such we go by inch's and feet and lbs. and oz. and such. Really different!

November 22, 2004 5:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is yvonne. i'm trying to see if i can post a comment yet.

gas where i live is over $2.75 per gallon for premium. Caroline, if you're getting it for less than $2.00 you are in the right place. California really jacks up the price on gas. and i don't even live in a big city!

November 22, 2004 1:41 pm  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I just purchased gas for 1.82 tonight. That's still expensive to me but cheaper than yours!

November 22, 2004 5:32 pm  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

glad i don't have a car and lucky to have decent public transport at my door - buses for me, no need for free train trips :)

love the dancing penguins - i may just have to borrow that image, if i may!!

November 22, 2004 10:49 pm  
Blogger Mallard said...

Thanx for your posts, ladies. I'm lucky here too - nearly everythings' within walking distance - that's one reason why I haven't had a car for a while either. But I've only used it nowdays to potter about town, and it seems to hardly touch the fuel - whoo hoo! Might be long times between fill-ups.
Cyalayta
Mal :o)
PS. Blogger's been playing up on me as well tonight - grrr!

November 23, 2004 12:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home