Saturday, February 12, 2005

(*) Feeling productive at last

Hiya Blog Paige. I'm looking forward to working again... it's been a few years', you know... gees, how pathetic! But, there was 2 years worth of fulltime Uni studies in there too! I might have to get myself a new uniform... maybe something like this...


I'm glad I won't have to spend my afternoons like this anymore - time to feel productive at last! (laughs!):


But seriously (as if I could possibly do that for more than 10 seconds... geesh! lol), it's going to so positive for my inner feelings of self-worth to be employed again. In many ways it'll be a shock to the system, after having spent so long working out of home. But I'm looking forward to the personal challenge it'll be for me in many lots of little ways.

The bummer-side of it is.. JD and I had already paid-and-planned to join a special walk around the Mt Panorama race curcuit together next Sunday, as a town tsunami fundraiser... but - I'll be working when it starts! Dammit! lol. Oh well, I can't complain - but JD and I were looking forward to doing that together. I'll be able to see them at other times, so it's not going to be a problem.

Here's a recent find, leaked from the Harry Potter movie makers... it's the first-draft of the Harry potter synopsis! Wow! (Click on it to open it!)


Having a "Hitmaps" thing on my blog has shown me where people come from all over the world - who drop by for a visit of my wee bloggie! I'm amazed - in the eight months I've been blogging (I can't believe it's been eight months already! But, I digress... as usual! D'oh!), I've had visitors from these 24 different countries so far:

Canada ~ USA ~ Mexico ~ Venezuela ~ Brazil ~ South Africa ~ India ~ Japan ~ Singapore ~ Malaysia ~ England ~ Scotland ~ Wales ~ Portugal ~ Spain ~ Germany ~ Austria ~ Italy ~ Poland ~ Sweeden ~ Finland ~ Russia ~ New Zealand ~ and even a few from Australia!

Realising how so many different nationalities surf and blog nowdays, it really reconfirmed what an international community we all live in nowdays. The above list doesn't also take into account email and chat friends I have in countries like Hawaii and Turkey either! Wow!

Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers

3 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I wish that i had that many people reading my blog. I guess i will someday if they find me interesting enough. But like i always said "my blog is therapy" from my crazed life.

February 12, 2005 5:30 pm  
Blogger D said...

Yes, isn't the internet amazing? I keep shaking my head in wonder...

Good luck with the new job, Mal. I hope you enjoy it.

February 13, 2005 3:32 am  
Blogger Monica said...

Hitmaps sounds great. It is amazing how many people have hit your blog. I wish I could keep up with it, but like Carolina, I don't have very many people stopping by yet. But its fun to write and then go back and read what has happened in my life.

Btw, congrats on the job! It will be wild returning to work I'm sure. Good luck!

February 14, 2005 2:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home