Wednesday, February 23, 2005

(*) Standing in the rain

Hiya Paige, the blog of all knowledge and wisdom - and maker of a jolly good hot cuppa char! "Polly, put the kettle on... but only if it fits..."

blech How exciting - I passed a kidney stone (just between kidney & bladder) on Tuesday! Whoo hoo - wonderfully fun and relaxing time... NOT! That's been my fourth in about 6 years, although this one was in my left side for a change. The medication wiped me out most of yesterday (which 'passed' without incident...), but driving around town earlier this arvo I was still feeling a bit 'out of it' and blanked-out/vauge, which scared me a bit whilst behind the wheel, needless to say! Ahh, the joys of reaching your later middle-age! hahahaa!

dork I saw one of the local churchites (who is a known source of many of those nasty wholly-untrue rumours about me around local church circles a few years' ago) riding, of all things, a motor bike this arvo! It's just NOT him, you know? Think of the most daggy, dopey, self-righteous middle-aged greying-haired clod you know, and put them on a motor bike... the image just doesn't work, does it?!? pmsl! Poor bugger's obviously going thru a mid-life crisis!

dance
Remember a few weeks' ago I wrote about standing out in the pouring rain for about 30 minutes? How refreshing and almost spiritually refreshing and invigorating it was for all of my senses? An old friend rang the other night to tell me she'd done the same thing on Sunday night, in the midst of a pouring thunderstorm (she's braver than me! lol). Like me, we knew what each was feeling about our common experience, but it's not something that's too easy to actually describe in just words. But standing in the pouring rain until you are soaked to the skin is something I cannot recommend highly enough! Just do it - at least once in your life!!! Stop feeling like a 'grown up' for a little while, alright?!

thoon
Thoon sends Miss Paige his most aquatic greetings and salutations...


It's TangerineStar's birthday tomorrow...
shamrock Happy Birthday Ms Star! rose


On This Day...

Born: George Frederick Handel (muso, 1658); Norman Lindsay (artist, 1879); Peter Fonda (actor, 1940).
Died: John Keats (poet, 1821); Dame Nellie Melba (singer, 1931); James Herriot (vet, author, 1995).
Events: The Russian Revolution begins in St Petersburg, 1917.
Useless Trivia: "Indivisibility" - the letter 'i' is repeated six times.
My Soundtrack: Train - "Drops of Jupiter" (thanx to Bx Library)
Weather: quite muggy, warm (high 20's), moderate NW breeze.

A right-handed fellow named Wright
In writing 'write' always wrote 'right'
Where he meant to write 'right'
If he'd written 'write' right
Wright would not have thought not writing 'rite'

Said his friend to the teacher one day,
'Wright has not written 'rite' right, I say!'
And the teacher replied
As the error she eyed
'Right! Wright, write 'write' right, right away...!'

Cyalayta
mdq
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net

"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, it's the light of the oncoming train." (Robert Lowell)

6 Comments:

Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Sorry to hear about your stone. But i am glad that it passed without anything serious happening. Be careful!

February 23, 2005 5:44 pm  
Blogger broomhilda said...

You have my sympathies on the stone, I hope it didn't cause you too much pain. I love standing in the rain in the summer time. It is so cleansing! Of course, one must take care not to wear anything to light in color - unless giving the neighbors a show is on the agenda! lol.

February 24, 2005 1:19 am  
Blogger broomhilda said...

BTW - I have given you Honorary Blogadude status!

February 24, 2005 1:20 am  
Blogger Just Me said...

Mark, with his doctor hat on, assures me that passing a stone is *the* most painful experience ever. Verging on the excrusiating. You have my deepest sympathies. I hope you recover very soon ((Mal))

February 24, 2005 3:58 am  
Blogger Mallard said...

Thank you for your concern, ladies. All is well now. Me - a 'Blogdude'?!? pmsl!
Cyalayta
Mal :o)

February 24, 2005 12:01 pm  
Blogger broomhilda said...

Blogadude - you betcha Mal. I saw your photos, you should smile more. I like the hair, sexy. Whoohoo!

February 24, 2005 12:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home