Monday, February 21, 2005

(*) Overripe watermelon

Hiya Blog Paige. Written yesterday & posted today... it was late, I was tired - plus my housemate was online at the time! lol How am I feeling this morning... quite well, actually... my calves feel fine - it's my lower back is a bit stiff, if anything... but that might have been a bad sleeping position all the same - d'oh! What am I talking about...? Read on, McDuff...

lap

We made it! For anyone who's ever driven around 'The Mount', you'll know how steep parts of it are... fine in a car, and a good challenge for the average walker! But - JD and I had a ball together, along with about 500+ others today. It took us about 90 minutes (I think) to walk the steep and winding 6.2km's, and we sure weren't pushing it - unlike the handful of silly buggers who were seriously trying to 'race'! Luckily the rain held off for the morning (it's been pouring bucketloads this arvo), which made for near-perfect walking conditions. I heard a figure between $15,000 to $20,000 was raised for the tsunami effort, which is just great! I thought the walk'd nearly kill me, but seriously - it was really fine! I feel a bit tired tonight, but we'll wait and see how my calves are feeling by the morning, shall we...? hahahaa.

Here's how my town looks from the air... if you look really closely, you might just be able to see me - standing on the roof wearing my chicken costume dancing the tango with an overripe watermelon... but then again...

M and her hubby have bought a new property further out of town - about 25km's out. The boys love the new place... about 25+ hectares to run about on! They'll be moving in a month or two - bad timing for M, as she's due in the next few months too! D'oh! Amazingly, the boys can catch a bus to and from school every day - right from the front gate! How cool is that?! Only in rural Australia! Whoo hoo.

There's a big Uni here, and the past week has been their annual "O-Week" (orientation for new students)... a big excuse for about 1,000+ young people to par-tay all day and all of the night... dah-dah, dah-dah, dah du-du-du dah...!

ghadyhasr Thanx for the phone call yesterday, Sal - I really appreciated it. She's an old friend just checking up on me - that's nice to know.

Then, my brother was originally planning on coming up for the day today but, apart from JD and I walking our feet off, he had a change of plans at the last moment and couldn't make it in the end. That's cool - I managed to speak to him briefly on the phone yesterday. He's great - I really love my 'big brother', you know? I hope you do! Plus he sent me an email giving me a bit more info about the "Wyreema" too - helping to explain why my dad used to call his boats that... hmmm... we're both still a bit in the dark! hahahaa. Another random thought - I found this version of our family's "Coat of Arms" the other day too... in the Irish it's "O Caella" - how cool is that?! My old man was into that kinda stuff, so it's fun to see it again... there's a plaque on the wall at mums with that on, but I hadn't seen it anywhere else. Oh, us silly Irish descendants... actually, I've got Irish, English, Scottish and German blood (amongst others) in me along the way anyway - as well as 2nd-Fleeters (1789) - a typical Aussie, I think...

Week 107
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Dirty work:: cleaning the oven
  2. Shopkeeper:: 24-hour smile until it hurts
  3. Goodness:: gracious, great balls of fire!
  4. Yearning:: to be together alone
  5. Show and tell:: share and care
  6. Trapped:: submarine
  7. Malcolm:: mallard
  8. Season:: football
  9. Bestseller:: Tom Sharpe
  10. Desk:: organized chaos

On This Day...
Born: Patty Hearst (urban terrorist, 1954); Kelsey Grammer (actor, 1955); Cindy Crawford (brain surgeon, 1966).
Events: Ringo Starr premiers in the film "Candy", 1969.
Useless Trivia: 3rd most popular name for a male cat in 1981 was "Pepper".
My Soundtrack:
Otis Redding
Footwear: bare butt nekkid - the wonders of wearing a pair of nudist feet!
Weather: rain rain rain - we had something like 23mm just this arvo! But - beautiful rain!

The mouth of a glutton named Moto
Was the size that no organ should grow to
It could take in with ease
Six carrot, ten peas
And a whole baked potato in toto.

ImageShack

Cyalayta
Mal mdq
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net

"If we see light at the end of the tunnel, it's the light of the oncoming train." (Robert Lowell)
"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)
"For He's a Jolly Good Fellow!" (Outtake ending, 'Dr Strangelove' 1963)
"Phew!." (Eric Clapton)

2 Comments:

Blogger broomhilda said...

Congrats on making the walk in 90 minutes, not a bad time.

February 21, 2005 10:04 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I wish i had time to get involved in things like that. Hope your not too sore. Isn't it fun to find out things about your ancestors. Mom's always finding out new and interesting things about our family.

February 22, 2005 5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home