Monday, February 28, 2005

(*) Excellent beach weather

sun
The sunshine out here has been glorious... somehow we've managed to miss all those heavy rain storms that have ravaged other areas - all we end up with is a bit of a light shower in its' place. The sky's looked black-as all the same, but it appears to just go around us. At least the water supply's keeping good - Chifley Dam's at 81% capacity right now - that's excellent, considering an hour away they're having to cart water in by the truckload... My housemate, also born-and-bred on the coast, keeps teasing us that it's "excellent beach weather" - which it is, but it's a 3-hour one-way drive, as we're 200km / 125 miles from the nearest ocean beach! D'oh! lol It's nice to remember the feeling tho.

dolphins
smiley It may not be close to the beach, but at least I got to spend some good time with my boys on Saturday arvo at the local pool. It was about 29c / 84f at the time, so a dip and dive-bombs were the order of the day. You should have seen the look on JD's face when he told me - he's got not one but two girls who have 'the hots' for him, he said! pmsl! He looked like the cat who got the cream - it's very cool! 'SM' is a year below him at his school, and 'AL' lives locally, is a year older, but schools in another town. Hmmm... I told him to invite them over to his place for a bike ride or just to hang out - but only one girl at a time! hahahaa! OMG - it's happening already - and he doesn't turn 12 until August! Ack! lol. I really think it's lovely for him - he knows enough about himself and respects girls enough to be comfortable around 'girls' at his age... a million-times more-so than his dad at the same age!

dance If you're not doing anything tonight, come on over for a BBQ... I've got some snags, onions, corn cobs, sliced spuds, bacon and tomato going on the plate, with a nice green tossed salad on the side... sounds alright, eh? Hmmm... how else can I get you over for a visit, hmmm...? hahahaa!

idea Still dreaming of Hydra, you know...

Stoopid MSN IM! I couldn't even get on tonight if I tried... and when I could, it wouldn't let me on until I downloaded a newer version of IM! Fark it!

dance Sorry 'bout all the silly links... I was bored, very brain-dead and feeling a bit flat! D'oh! Just stuff I've been sent, or found, and stored online over the years... hope some of them made u laff tho - that was the plan. Sorry to end on a downer - I'm just feeling a little lonely this evening!
Stop Press! Someone sent me this pic - it's an absolute CLASSIC!!! Who said females only learn to use "The Look" as a weapon when they're older, hmmm...?!? pmsl!

DON'T mess with me!!!

On This Day...
Born: Brian Jones (Rolling Stone, 1942).
Events: The Cavern Club closes in Liverpool UK, 1966.
Useless Trivia: 'Facetious' - all vowels appear in alphabetical order
My Soundtrack: "C'mon C'mon" Sheryl Crow
Weather: gloriously sunny, slight breeze, c.26c
There was a pert lass from Madras
Who had a remarkable ass
Not rounded and pink
As you probably think
It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass.

Cyalayta
mdq
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net

"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I'm soooooooo jealous - it's snowing here and I need a holiday... enjoy that weather for me!

February 28, 2005 11:16 pm  
Blogger broomhilda said...

Mal, loved the pics. I bought my lottery ticket, keep your fingers crossed. If I win, I'll take out for a couple of beers. I won't come over for BBQ unless you find an alternative gas source, hee hee.
I here ya about the lonely, been going through that a bit, myself. {{{hug}}} Not as good as the real thing, my friend, but I do what I can. :-)

March 01, 2005 12:39 am  
Blogger birdychirp said...

Oh please can we have some sunshine.....

March 05, 2005 7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home