Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Top Ten

Top Ten
A couple of years ago, one of our big chains of funeral directors compiled their Top Ten Funeral Tunes. They were:

Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion
I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
Simply The Best – Tina Turner
Angels – Robbie Williams
You’ll Never Walk Alone – Gerry and the Pacemakers
Candle In The Wind – Elton John
Unchained Melody – Righteous Brothers
Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon and Garfunkel
Time To Say Goodbye – Sarah Brightman

From recent experience, I’d say that list hasn’t changed. It inspired me to compile Zinnia Cyclamen’s Top Ten Tunes That Are Completely Unsuitable For Almost All Funerals (Except Occasionally When Someone Has A Sense Of Humour Even Stranger Than Mine). Here's my first offer:

Burn Baby Burn – The Bee Gees
Smoke Gets In Your Eyes – The Platters
Killing Me Softly – Roberta Flack
Staying Alive – The Bee Gees
Funeral Pyre – The Jam
Light My Fire – The Doors
Buried Alive – Billy Idol
Dawn Of The Dead – Murderdolls
Satin In A Coffin – Modest Mouse
Another One Bites The Dust – Queen

(Thanx and apologies to Real E Fun!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home