Tuesday, March 15, 2005

(*) Today - it works! Go figure!

Yesterday - no go. Today - it's working - not at 100%, but it's working! Go figure! Grrr... Windows! lol Anyway, here's a few photos I took yesterday arvo around here. Click on a link to view them in all their panoramic glory! Enjoy.


Here's some views of the boys' new place, about 30kms from here. Beautiful rolling hills and lots of trees. Even this mob of sheep... don't you love the farmer slowly droving them on his ATV - complete with the brown cattle-fog on the seat behind him? Great Aussie scene - and not far from home!

Thoon stopped dancing long enough to get himself together and pose for the camera... but I'm not too sure about his sour pout tho... hmmm... lol. Love all those bubbles caught in time-and-space too...


Here's the last of our roses in my backyard - yup, that's country Australian skies there, you realise! This poor ol' rose bush survives, despite two left-hanaded grey-thumbed gardeners tending to it occasionally.


Here's my large photo on the wall right beside my bedroom door... it's of Santarini in Greece... not quite Hydra, but it's getting there! people say, 'there's no way the colours can be so blue and white like that... no way!' But, from many people I've talked to who have been there - it's true - dazzling blues and whites!


My two practise guitars got a nice re-string the other day... at last! It's nice to sit and watch TV while I 'doodle' on a guitar... it's keeping my hand in playing, otherwise I wouldn't play much at all. This guitar is an oldie of mine, an absolute war-horse. It arrived in my possession in c.1984, and was well-loved as my 'party-guitar' - complete with deep scratches across the top from coins used as picks at many-a beach party... ahhh, the lost wonders of drunken youth! hahahaa. It's still a good little guitar to have about to just doodle on.


OK, I bought this little plant when I was first seperated and living in a caravan in Tweed Heads - over 3 years' ago now. It was tiny then... only a few CM's high. Now it's as big as your outstretched hand! Whoo hoo! I'd hate to image the root system tho... hahahaa. This thing just keeps on going! It lives happily nowdays on the kitchen windowsill - overlooking the elephant, across from the fridge.


Fill in the blanks.... completely random!!

1. I wish I had more friends who I saw personally every day.
2. I usually think about changing my blog layout when I see a whole lot better looking one!
3. If more people would be truthful, the world would be a better place.
4. I really should exercise more often.
5. The weather we're having right now is gloriously warm and sunny.
6. When it's time to plant a garden, I'd like to plant multi-colourful flowers everywhere.
7. When I'm running late, I sometimes forget to look up, appreciate the endless sky, and be thankful.
8. When I can't think of anything to blog about, I usually reminicse.


I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Shape up:: touch your toes and race up 75 stairs
  2. New Orleans:: bourbob
  3. In the bedroom:: snoring
  4. All the time:: breathing
  5. Philosophy:: describing the undescribable
  6. Tyler:: Roof
  7. Disturbed:: looking over your shoulder
  8. French kiss:: (no comment) lol
  9. Solidify:: bread & dripping
  10. Furtive:: sneakers for sneaking


    Cyalayta
    Mallard d'Quackers

6 Comments:

Blogger broomhilda said...

Wow, that's some beautiful country there Mal.
Glad to hear that you got your strings.
What is it about Hydra that has captured you?

March 15, 2005 2:48 am  
Blogger Mallard said...

Hydra? The best way for me to answer that is thru this link to my website:
http://au.geocities.com/maljam2002/hydra.html

March 15, 2005 5:01 am  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

hey mal, glad to see your problems with the isp/computer are sorted. great photos! no, i didn't listen to clive on the radio but did like to watch him on the tv in the mid 80's (ack, that is 20 years ago!!!)

March 15, 2005 6:50 am  
Blogger broomhilda said...

Breathtaking! I get it.

March 15, 2005 9:24 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

The pictures are beautiful...The rose picture showing the sky was breathe taking. My compliments to Thoon...he is looking handsome as ever :)
You take care Mal

March 15, 2005 2:39 pm  
Blogger Mallard said...

Hahahahaa... Caroline, you made me laff saying you liked the rose pic - I took it as a last-second thing! hahahaa. But I'm glad u like it.

Hmmm... it seems Thoon will need a chaperone if he plans to go out anywhere from now on... hmmm...

Yeah, I realise that 2BL in the mornings is going back... omg... to the early '80's! Ack!

Yeah, my dream oneday is to get to Hydra... it's nice to have something to reach for.

Cyalayta
Mal :o)

March 15, 2005 10:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home