Tuesday, March 08, 2005

(*) Dad's scrapbooks

When my brother drove out the other day, he bought with him a big pile of dad's old scrapbooks - and a few old photos. Here's two of dad's old sailing boats, 'Wyreema' - from 1970 and 1980 - in this second pic, I'm the one wearing the yellow!

First thing each morning, as soon as you step outside here - PHEW! The stink all over town is pretty darn RIPE! Apparently, a local sausage-casing factory on the south-side of town has had its waste plant conk out, and the back-up has even affected the local 'poo farm' (as my kids used to call the sewerage works!). So, before there's a breeze to blow the smell away - phew! Ahh, there's nothing quite like the stench of fresh sewerage everywhere you go! Thankfully now they've got a handle on it, and it's no more! But, for a few days' there, the whole town was hanging for the first hint of a breeze to blow it all away! Whew! Ahh, the joys of technology!

I've had to re-do all the Polls for this thing... the norty thing deleted them all without even asking me first - how rude!

weebl Weebl & bob have updated - check it out!


  1. What's on your refrigerator? About 5,936 tiny stickers from apples; drawings from my boys; pictures from the newspaper of my boys; pizza vouchers... hahahaa.
  2. What colour is your refrigerator? It's a nice white shiny one.
  3. Is the freezer on the top, bottom or side? Freezer's on the top - right-hand-opening.
  4. How old is your fridge? Does it match your stove? Fridge is about 4 years' old, and is the same colour as Mr Stove, but not an exact match tho. They are complimentary.
  5. How regularly do you clean the inside of your fridge? Every full moon on the 33rd day of Nisi.


Week 109
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Usher:: The Fall of the House of
  2. Cherish:: the Moment - Seize the Teeth
  3. Mistreat:: your sewerage
  4. Forum:: Message Board
  5. Systematic:: Nazi persecution of the Jews and Slavs :(
  6. Warning:: Danger, Will Robinson!
  7. Wash:: Washing board
  8. I wish:: upon a star to make my dreams come true
  9. Candles:: blowing thru thought of things past
  10. Metallic:: Clashing of Ideologies

Cyalayta
mdq
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net

"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)

1 Comments:

Blogger broomhilda said...

Nice snaps Mal. reminded me of summers when I was a kid. Out on the lake in my dad's boat, not a sailboat, but we had some fun. We'd spend all day out there, the whole family, Mom, dad, my sister, brother and me.

Sorry about the stench problem, shall I sent you a gas mask? he he hope your not down wind.

Weebl & bob - that's just sick and wrong and funny as hell!

Take care!
Vicky

March 09, 2005 8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home