Wednesday, March 16, 2005

(*) Mum's in hospital

I got a call from my sister-in-law this arvo... mum was so breathless that the ambos (ambulance officers) had to convince her to go to hospital today - stubborn old thing that she is! Once she finally got some oxygen happening properly, she settled down a bit, but she's none too good. She's at Nepean Hospital, Sydney. I rang her last night, and i think I said she was breathless just getting to the phone. My brother called her last night as well, and she did the same thing to him - too breathless to talk much at all. When her home carer came in this morning, she was sitting in her arm-chair wheezing away, so she called the ambos. Apparently mum doesn't even sleep in her bed anymore, but sits up in her armchair napping. As a result, the fluid build-up in her lungs is pretty horrific. But she's a lot better right now tho, but still in hospital.

Needless to say, I'm not just feeling a bit 'down', but damn rightly depressed! I hate feeling like this! I've been trying things all arvo to try and snap myself out of it, but nowt seems to work, dammit! I mean - even a good dose of The Beatles didn't do the trick! Ack! lol

Got an appointment with my Job Network provider first thing in the morning. I have no motivation whatsoever with that carp at the moment, and afterwards I'll drive the 2+ hours down to the hospital. To top it all off, I have no idea when I'll be able to see the boys again in the near future... they have been made to be kept 'busy'. Blah blah blah.

At least my toenail on my left big toe hasn't come off yet... owch! lol.

Cyalayta
Mallard d'Quackers
(Real Name: Cyril Austin Walters) :p

9 Comments:

Blogger gammamoma said...

Hi Mal,
I just saw your posting about your Mom and I pray that she will have a quick recovery. I had pneumonia when I was in hospital too, and I know that she can't be feeling too good right now. Give her as much support as you can, and encourage her to be strong. You have to be strong for her too, so don't let it get you down. Good luck!

March 16, 2005 11:54 pm  
Blogger broomhilda said...

Mal,

I have you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers. I send healing energy to both of you. {{{{hug}}}}

March 17, 2005 12:41 am  
Blogger D said...

Best wishes from me too, Mal. Hope all's well with you, your mum and your kids.

March 17, 2005 1:18 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

Believe me Mal i know what your going thru, you know that! All my thoughts, prayers and all the support i have to offer ya! Big (((((((HUGS))))))))

March 17, 2005 5:48 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mal,

I would like to join in with the others and wish your Mum and you all the best.

Cheers mate, Ron..........

March 17, 2005 11:47 am  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

And me. Hang in there. ((((hug)))) This, too, will pass. Take care of yourself.

March 18, 2005 4:46 am  
Blogger Just Me said...

I'm a bit late in learning about your mum but I hope she's on the road to recovery now. Here's hoping you feel better soon too.
((Cyril aka Mal))

March 22, 2005 3:48 am  
Blogger 3rd daughter said...

hey mal, i hope all is well on your side of the mountains. hugs for your mum and you.

March 22, 2005 10:15 pm  
Blogger Mallard said...

Thank you thank you thank you ALL - for your kind thoughts and comments - each is very much appreciated.
Mal :o)
PS. My real name is NOT Cyril! pmsl! :p

March 23, 2005 1:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home