Tuesday, April 12, 2005

(*) The change in daylight

Greetings Paige. I got really angry this arvo, and I was lucky enough that my wonderful brother, on the end of the phone listening patiently to my loud venting, guided me thru some of my emotion. I didn't realise I was so angry - it's about my ex, as usual. She's playing too many 'games' again - and not just with me this time. But - I'm not going to vent stuff here now. I did that late this arvo. But I'm still pretty upset and agitated about it all though. Yeah - agitated's the right word, I think...

I've been going really really well after mum's funeral last Wednesday (honestly!) I was able to have a good howl at the time, and it really helped me in lots of ways. It still seems a bit 'surreal' in some ways... I still have to stop myself from ringing her! lol. I'll write about the funeral another time... for me, it was definitely the best funeral I've ever been to. I guess the anger I experienced this arvo was just bubbling away somewhere deeper below the surface, and I hadn't really been too aware it it recently, with the week that was! I wonder why, with all those mixed emotions...?

I finally rushed out and paid a great low $$$ price for "The Incredibles" on DVD today too... and, watching it once again, I still think it's the best thing Pixar's done (ie. A Bug's Life, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo etc). I'm sure the neighbours' a block away could hear me laffin'... and I don't care!

Am I Homer J. Simpson incarnate? Well... you be the judge... a few months' ago I threw the old phone books out (well, I mean, they went into the recycling box...). A few weeks' later, I couldn't find the Operating Manual for the fax machine that sits atop our phone books, could I...? You're right... I knew you'd guess it... I must have thrown the %$#@! manual out with the phone books, didn't I? Big D'OH! It wasn't until the change in daylight savings time the other week that the need for the book was rather acute - I couldn't figure out hell-or-high-water how to change the time on the things' clock! BUT - thanx to a bit of inspired surfing, I actually managed to find and download a free copy of the operator's manual! Whoo hoo. So, I quickly printed out a copy of the first 2 pages - they have like a "Quick Reference Guide" for dummies... it's just what I needed! Needless to say, the time on the clock/fax/answering machine is set right, now...

My housemate has finally been forced to succumb to the whole mobile phone thing... her mum got her a phone with a pre-paid account (a hugely cheaper way to use a mobile/cell), and she's already texting away... but, it's not as bad as it sounds... she's not going to be sending SMS's 24/7 while 'Big Brother' voting is running again... pmsl! She's a journalist, and has never had or wanted a mobile before now... isn't that amazing in this day-and-age of instant information technology? And her mum thought she could use it in an emergency... silly mum! (Just kidding... Mr & Mrs W are really nice. They've stayed here a few times, and they even sent me a Sympathy card - isn't that lovely?) smiley


Week 114
I say ... and you think ... ?
  1. Horrendous:: Morning breath shattering shining shimmering mirrors
  2. Home video:: blurry shaky happy memories
  3. What a girl wants:: who knows!
  4. Grounded:: Active, Neutral...
  5. Trusting:: Acceptance
  6. Simplistic:: black-and-white worldview
  7. Buzz:: Lightyear (To infinity - and beyond!)
  8. Balcony:: great views over town
  9. Roar:: The German army (!?! lol)
  10. Hooker:: LJ (Thank you, Mr...)

weebl & bob weebl and bob have updated their loony silliness yet again...

Have a Merry Christmas... BUT... be careful.
Oh the joys of Christmas!
From the Australian Bureau of Statistics...

(*) 31 Australians have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in.
(*) 19 Australians have died in the last 3 years by eating Christmas decorations they believed were chocolate.
(*) Hospitals reported 4 broken arms last year after cracker pulling incidents.
(*) 101 Australians, since 1997, have had to have broken parts of plastic toys pulled out of the soles of their feet.
(*) 18 Australians had serious burns in 1998 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth.
(*) A massive 543 Australians were admitted to casualty in the last 2 years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth or eye socket.
(*) 5 Australians were injured last year in accidents involving out of control scalextric cars.
(*) 3 Australians die each year testing if a 9V battery works on their tongue.
(*) 142 Australians were injured in 1998 by not removing all the pins from new shirts.
(*) 58 Australians are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers.

And finally:
(*) 8 Australians cracked their skull in 1997 after falling asleep ( passing out ) while throwing up into the toilet.

YEP! Its great to be Australian!

(Thanx Raven)

Then there's the revenge of the greyhound racing bunny... arrgghhh! (Thanx Broomhilda for the loopy pic!)
Argh!


Here's a whole page full of POINTLESS SITES for you to sit and scratch your head and wonder why on earth...? I mean, it's not as though you've got anything else you really should be doing now, is there? lol
Been online for 1 whole year!!!

Thoon fishie sends his dancing, bubble-blowing and splashing aquatic greetings to you Paige, in his watery tank of rectangular and wet proportions. His conversational skills remain minimal, at best, yet his aptitude in attempting the seemingly impossible has been rewarded in the continuance of his daily feeding schedule - much to his enduring endearment. Whilst Whitey and Edward remain observantly patient at their everlasting posting, astride the plump-yet-comfortable bedtop pillows. There is nothing their small plastic eyes do not miss, altho when the time comes for them to report their observations to myself, it will be time to don the white jacket with the long sleeves that tie neatly and securely around the back... now, where did I place my medieval medication again...?

On That 8th Day of April that was the day I originally started to write this post but never got around to finishing...
Born: Julian Lennon (muso, 1963).
Died: Pablo Picasso (artist, 1973).
Events: Buddha's Birthday (Japan).
Useless Trivia: Picasso was the most prolific of all painters, with a career which lasted 78 years.
My Soundtrack: Monty Python "I Like Chinese"
Weather: yet another gloriously sunny and warm low-20's
There was a musician named Mace
Who plugged in his electric bass
The wire it was damp
And blew up his amp
He plays somewhere now in outer space

Cyalayta
mdq
Email: mal [@] maljam [.] cjb [.] net
Message Board: http://malboard.cjb.net

"Excuse me, which way is the stage?" (Audience member, lost at Altamont, 1969.)

4 Comments:

Blogger broomhilda said...

Mal, Mal, Mal,

I just love Weebl and Bob. I had heard you Aussies were nuts, but I didn't believe it, lol.
Greyhound racing bunny moonlights as the killer bunny in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Glad to hear that Thoon is doing well and Whitey and Edward are adoreable.
Is the nail still on the toe?
I'm glad you doing alright, keep your chin up.

April 12, 2005 4:47 am  
Blogger Zinnia Cyclamen said...

So glad the funeral was good. Sounds like you're still dealing with everything really well. That mediation WILL happen and with a bit of luck it'll help a lot - I hope so, anyway. Take care of yourself.

April 12, 2005 6:19 am  
Blogger ♥Caroline♥ said...

I hope that you and the ex can work things out...you have in the past. Glad to hear that the funeral went well. Take care Mal

April 12, 2005 12:41 pm  
Blogger Mallard said...

Thank you, ladies - I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Looks like Broomhilda got the Bunny in one hit - the star of 'Holy Grail'!!!

My brother is right behind both of us working thru mediation, so it's bound to happen... so long as M stops making excuses! lol.

Cyalayta
Mal :o)

April 12, 2005 10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home