Monday, April 18, 2005

(*) Quite close

I've managed to pick up a few weeks' casual work at a local fruit orchard, working in the packing shed. It'll be a bit of $$ to help with upcoming car rego!
I received this email from an online friend this arvo... I'd encouraged her that her writing of her work thru her blog had helped me with my own mum's funeral, and they replied...
"The main reason I'm emailing you is that I was astonished, and very moved, to read your comment saying that my blog had an influence on the way you thought about your mum's funeral. You know, I guess I'm naive, because it never occurred to me that putting my writing on the web could create such an influence. It amazes me - not that you'd never heard of a non-religious funeral celebrant (very many people haven't, and I'm sure my blog hasn't made much of a dent in that) but that my decision to write about my work in a blog could make a difference to something on the other side of the world. I know that's what the Internet is for, but somehow it's still mindboggling!

But most of all, I know I said this already but I'll say it again, even more so now I know that my work was a factor in the process (albeit a very small one) - I'm so glad it all went well."
Who'd have thought that blogging could work in ways such as these? Whoo hoo!!!!


Sunday, April 10, 2005 (I must have missed this one!)
1. On what day of the week were you born? (If you need to find out, click here.) Thursday.
2. Were you born in the morning, afternoon, or evening? 10.30 in the morning.
3. How many siblings do you have? Brothers or sisters? 1 10-year-older brother.
4. Do you (or did you) ever wish you were an only child? And if you ARE an only child, did you ever wish you had brothers and sisters? My brother, being 10-years-older than me, and leaving home when I was 8, helped me feel as tho I was an only child for most of my years. It's only been in the last 10 years or so that my brother and I have become quite close.
5. Did you (or do you) dream of having a big family of your own? Three boys - altho I always wanted a daughter to spoil too! lol.
6. In your opinion, which is (or would be) easier to raise; boys or girls? Boy - as I have three, I'm slightly biased! lol
7. In looks, do you favor your mother or your father? As I've got older, definitely my dad.


Sunday, April 17, 2005
From the time you get up in the morning until the time you go to bed at night, how many different digital/electronic devices do you use on any given day? Please consider listing them, as it would be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!
Clock radio
CD-payer - radio
Answering machine/fax
Video clock
DVD
TV
Remote control
Telephone
Mobile phone
Automatic garage door opener
Car radio
Computer
I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any right now...


...and an optional random question, because I just cleaned my mouse... How often do you clean your mouse? Do you mean to tell me you can actually clean them...?!? lol


Week 115

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Great escape:: Barbed Wire and Steve McQueen
  2. Cluster:: General?
  3. Wrong place, wrong time:: I should have been born in 1954!
  4. Guided:: Hitch-Hiker
  5. Forensics:: Ooze!
  6. Pros:: Provite
  7. Safety deposit box:: Now, where did I put that &%$#@ key?
  8. Quadrant:: little plastic maths thing I no longer have
  9. Precisely:: exactly spot-on
  10. Who are you?:: Keith Moon RIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Omykiss said...

Hi Mal, Zinnia sent me to read about your Mums funeral. I''m glad I came.

April 20, 2005 12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home